Thread: New Car

New Car

http://www.racer.com/formula-e/item/...esign-revealed

After having now driven a Tesla and already being enamored with electric technology I think I will be watching more and more Fe and less and less Indy Car.

Spike in response to flatlander_48 on 04/29/2013: "Note that, by and large, you don't seem to know what you're talking about."
    "I tend to make the assumption, which evidently was unfounded in this case, that most here know what I know." -flatlander_48 12/14/2014
    "This is just amazing coming from you who I considered to be my equal in IndyCar knowledge. No more. Ernest" - 04/01/2014

I tried like hell to get into it last year. Watched quite a few races. It's just not very compelling, imho. They're slow, they sound worse than awful, and the whole switching cars and timed pit thing is distracting. I'll stick to watching the professional drone racing league.

Its ever evolving. That's part of what appeals. I'm not super crazy about it right now either but it continues to improve. Won't be long and they will be quicker than IndyCar and racing at the 500. It's just a matter of time.

I'm less hung up and sound and more hung up on performance. I don't care what sound they make provided they are quick. Electric motors have their own appeal for me. I like that scream they make.

They won't be switching cars this year. Part of the battery evolution.
    Spike in response to flatlander_48 on 04/29/2013: "Note that, by and large, you don't seem to know what you're talking about."
    "I tend to make the assumption, which evidently was unfounded in this case, that most here know what I know." -flatlander_48 12/14/2014
    "This is just amazing coming from you who I considered to be my equal in IndyCar knowledge. No more. Ernest" - 04/01/2014

I didn't know they wouldn't be switching! That's the most significant performance improvement in any racing series in the last twenty years... That's incredible.

I'll agree that they're definitely evolving and doing it quickly. Did I read where they hope to go driverless at a race this year? Or is that a potential new series coming around?

Quote Originally Posted by mattf765 View Post
    I didn't know they wouldn't be switching! That's the most significant performance improvement in any racing series in the last twenty years... That's incredible.

I'll agree that they're definitely evolving and doing it quickly. Did I read where they hope to go driverless at a race this year? Or is that a potential new series coming around?
    They are overlapping seasons, starts in the fall ends the following year kind of like hockey. Anyway, the 2016/17 season is underway, they are still switching cars, but come the fall they won't be. It is a new battery that McLaren of all people is supplying.

Mercedes, Audi, BMW, Renault, Jaguar, Michelin, McLaren, among others involved.

Did you know Germany passed a law that will ban the combustion engine by 2030? Germany! The European equivalent to Detroit!!! Porsche, VW, Audi, Mercedes, BMW, will need to be emission free by 2030.

Do you think it is any coincidence Mercedes, Audi, and BMW are in the series?

Oh I'm sure VW and its subsidies will have no problems going emissions free...