Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: The Championship Is Worthless!

The Championship Is Worthless!

I HATE with a passion the idea of a championship. Its such a bull**** piece of hardware.

Paul Tracy - 1 Championship 31 WINS!!!

Micheal Andretti - 1 Championship 42 WINS!!!

Will Power - 1 Championship 32 WINS!!!!

Emerson Fittipaldi - 1 Championship 22 WINS!!!

Josef Newgarden - 1 Championship 7 wins.

Josef isn't even near in the realm of these guys yet his piece of hardware now says otherwise. I wish they would do away with this joke.
    Spike in response to flatlander_48 on 04/29/2013: "Note that, by and large, you don't seem to know what you're talking about."
    "I tend to make the assumption, which evidently was unfounded in this case, that most here know what I know." -flatlander_48 12/14/2014
    "This is just amazing coming from you who I considered to be my equal in IndyCar knowledge. No more. Ernest" - 04/01/2014

That's a rediculous argument

Quote Originally Posted by Ken View Post
    That's a rediculous argument
    So what's a champion?
    Spike in response to flatlander_48 on 04/29/2013: "Note that, by and large, you don't seem to know what you're talking about."
    "I tend to make the assumption, which evidently was unfounded in this case, that most here know what I know." -flatlander_48 12/14/2014
    "This is just amazing coming from you who I considered to be my equal in IndyCar knowledge. No more. Ernest" - 04/01/2014

You can't be serious

Quote Originally Posted by gonzo View Post
    I HATE with a passion the idea of a championship. Its such a bull**** piece of hardware.

Josef isn't even near in the realm of these guys yet his piece of hardware now says otherwise. I wish they would do away with this joke.
    Man... What the hell is wrong with you? He had the most points after 17 races, so he is a champion and no that ain't worthless! Tracy, Michael and Power also never won the '500 so Josef is on the same level as them.

Quote Originally Posted by gonzo View Post

Let's be realistic here, no one will be in the same realm as Tracy, Andretti(s), Fittipaldi, Power(partially) until they produce a car that requires actual skill to drive. Granted, these guys were in top equipment, however, it still required more skill and ability to keep it on the road than today's machines.

Also, Josef has been in the top series for 5 years and has a championship. None of the others listed had a championship in their first 5 seasons. (Fittipaldi's fifth "season" was his first full year however and did win the championship the next year).

Wilkie defender flatlander tony or the clan

I've been around a long time

This might be the dumbest thread ever

Agreed.

When I saw the title, I knew who initiated the thread.

There are many ways to win a championship; some legitimate and some a bit less than. However, NewJo is a bona fide champion. He DROVE to it. He didn’t luck into it. While his pass of Pagenaud at Gateway was borderline too aggressive, you cannot say that he didn’t want it and wasn’t willing to lay it on the line.

Further, he beat a host of VERY respected drivers; race winners, Indy winners and championship winners. G, I don’t know what you expected him to do, but NewJo IS the 2017 CHAMPION in spite of your P & M...

Quote Originally Posted by flatlander_48 View Post
    but NewJo IS the 2017 CHAMPION in spite of your P & M...
    Of course he is. I'm saying its a worthless championship.

BS.

What makes you think Penske would field 4 cars and pay the retainers for 4 highly rated drivers for a worthless championship? Once again, blowing smoke out your ...