Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: So much to discuss

I can't imagine it being a large corporation but I could be wrong. I highly doubt we'll see any financials on the deal but imagine it's under $2-3 million. Monster paid $20 million I think and now CABCAR is looking for 3-4 title sponsors to cover portions of the year. Might be time to think outside the box though when it comes to trying to cover every square inch of my tv screen with sponsor logos and ads. Save 'em for the cars.

COTA is now on the schedule ...

So with TMS going from 2 races with 50k+ in attendance to now 1 race with 15k or so

Will Cota kill TMS?

I cant imagine TMS is on the schedule more than another year or Two?

I think it's a one shot deal before Eddie G says enough. Other venues could learn a thing or two about putting on a race weekend though.

Did I see where SnoozeWaulkee is back on the calendar?

I think you mean Laguna seca

What are your thoughts on the first four races being twisties?

No ovals prior to the 500

Does it just alienate too many old school Fans to allow any momentum for the season from a attandance and viewing standpoint?

Quote Originally Posted by Ken View Post
    What are your thoughts on the first four races being twisties?

No ovals prior to the 500

Does it just alienate too many old school Fans to allow any momentum for the season from a attandance and viewing standpoint?
    I haven't liked the idea of Indy being the first oval since they went to this schedule format. If Indy is the first oval, they need an entire month of May instead of two weeks given the unpredictable Indiana weather.

I'm looking forward to seeing Laguna Seca but don't figure the racing to be much better than at Sonoma unless the corkscrew causing trouble.

I was mistaken on Milwaukee in that it's ARCA that will be racing there in 2019.