Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Well, well, well... CART co-founder buys IMS and the IRL

Well, well, well... CART co-founder buys IMS and the IRL

I'm amazed that you fellows haven't lit this place up by now, discussing the big news.

Heís been in charge all along

He never had much of a challenge vs. the grandson...

Now there's a rumor that the Cap'n is having a look at the Mercedes F1 team. Where is Toto this weekend??? Who knows how true that is, but these are strange days.

Good to see you still here, Ken.

Still here is relative

Hereís the whatís become of AOWR for me: i havenít watched a lap in 2 years... no idea who has won a single race, championship or who even races for who

I have only read the TV ratings thread at TF because itís comedy that after 20 years the ratings are exactly what they are and were yet the gomers get wet over an occasional .2 increase from year to year or even week to week

What a colossal waste of time, energy and cash the past 20+ years have become

Penske owning both the 500 and the series will result exactly the same results as the family owning them

And Iím not interested

Unless The500 has a different set of rules ...basically a run what bring scenerio the sport will continue to be irrellevant

Iím just here for my t-shirt!

As much as I loved AOWR and the Indy 500 since childhood, I haven't paid any attention for years either. Once I fall out of love with someone or something, I don't usually go back. I think that's happened to a lot of people. Especially with this new anti-car, gluten free, veggie burger eating, don't have a driver's license til age 25, am I a boy or a girl, snowflake generation, I don't see auto racing, and especially IndyCar, having a future that's as bright as the past was. With CART, we got to see the golden age of AOWR. And I can live with that and be satisfied.

We've lost a lot of old friends and AOWR comrades over the years. Many/most of us never met each other. But on this Thanksgiving, I just want to say that my fellow fans are a big part of what made watching this sport so enjoyable.

For those that are still looking at the green side of the ground, here's to ya. Happy Thanksgiving.

Smacked forum is gone?

Quote Originally Posted by Ken View Post
    Smacked forum is gone?
    Yeah. Mo took the keys with him when he went. At one point I had some of the Admin info but I hadn't been there in years so I was unaware that it was expiring.
    I WANT MY POUTINE!!!! NOW!!!!

Itís interesting it came shortly after the Penske purchase 🤷🏿*♂️

Quote Originally Posted by Jag_Warrior View Post
    I'm amazed that you fellows haven't lit this place up by now, discussing the big news.
    It's just more of the same.....yawn. And on top of that we have lame assed windscreens. WHy not kill the entire category and just race LMP1's? I'm having more fun watching that Acura DPi rip around Mosport and Watkins Glen then I do these lame assed IndyCar's.

In saying that, I'm still a gear head so I can't help but not watch but its far from being the top of my list anymore.
    Spike in response to flatlander_48 on 04/29/2013: "Note that, by and large, you don't seem to know what you're talking about."
    "I tend to make the assumption, which evidently was unfounded in this case, that most here know what I know." -flatlander_48 12/14/2014
    "This is just amazing coming from you who I considered to be my equal in IndyCar knowledge. No more. Ernest" - 04/01/2014

Quote Originally Posted by gonzo View Post
    It's just more of the same.....yawn. And on top of that we have lame assed windscreens. WHy not kill the entire category and just race LMP1's? I'm having more fun watching that Acura DPi rip around Mosport and Watkins Glen then I do these lame assed IndyCar's.

In saying that, I'm still a gear head so I can't help but not watch but its far from being the top of my list anymore.

Good to see ya, Gonz.

Except for the drivers who are waiting for their Social Security checks to arrive, I really don't even know who's driving anymore. Well, I know about the lame-@ss Swede, who couldn't even keep his seat at an F1 backmarker team, and also the little curly-headed boy who went nutso on his teammate and got run out of F2 by his own team! They say he's good in Indy car. To me, that just means the series has some seriously suck drivers.

I haven't actually kept up with the series for years - really not since CCWS was mergified. But just knowing that the idiot grandson is now sitting in a room with Brian France, debating about which one did the most damage to automobile racing in North America... I can live with that. And once again, it's been proven that when the music stops, Penske always has a seat. I'm not a fan of his, but you have to respect his savvy.

Because of the gender confused snowflakes that now populate the streets of our nation, I don't see much of a long term future for auto racing anyway. But I'm hoping that some time before I die, I can attend another (sorta/kinda) Indy car race and maybe even the Indy 500. We'll see.