Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast

Thread: I suppose one could only hope...

Wouldn't it be nice if more of these type a stories we all talk about instead of present bs theater. Just wishful thinking ,but good news anyway . This series needs more of these yung guys. Thank you AJ.

http://auto-racing.speedtv.com/artic...test-for-foyt/
    Last edited by GOFAST1; 12-05-2012 at 09:25 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by 00steven View Post
    Trust me, if Stewart does it people will know.
    Oh they would know about Stewart for sure. A time change? Not so much and definitely wouldn't care.
    "Old roats am jake mit goats" - Smokey Stover

Short of handing Tony the Borg on a platter, Smoke will never have a better opportunity. If he doesn't accept it, he need not speak of the 500 again. Personally I hope he takes The Captain up on his offer.

:izod:

porscheman
    @porscheman121 on Twitter
    #+200HP! 237.498/241.428/242.333 Speeds from the olden days!

I'm with you pman

Race or shut the F up

What IYO is indycars "brand"

Quote Originally Posted by GOFAST1 View Post

Follow up question

Is the Indycar brand different from the I500 brand?

Quote Originally Posted by Ken View Post
    What IYO is indycars "brand"
    ....as the man said....I’m not sure.

But the first step to being great—in many instances—is to start acting like it.

I am so sick and focking tired of people who fail to recognize this is a guy that started his career in IndyCar and is a former IndyCar series champion! I'm also sick and focking tired of people acting like this is a sure fire thing and Tony is guaranteed a win!

This is theater and damn good theater at that. This is what racing and especially IndyCar racing used to be about. The best series with the best drivers. Tony is coming home. A former series champion, a three time Cup champion and pitting him against the others in the field is a good thing all the way around. It's a challenge! And isn't that what sport is supposed to be all about?

If he comes in and destroys the field, well good on him. IndyCar deserves all the ridicule they get if he comes in and walks them. It will shine a spotlight on just how diminished a field it may have become and maybe it will attract some better drivers willing to take up the challenge. And if he does that I want him back next year to defend his title and see who is capable of challenging him.

Or he is unsuccessful and IndyCar proves just how challenging the series has remained. And if that is the case, bring on other challengers whether that's Jimmie Johnson, Sebastien Loeb or Jamie Whinecup!

It's a race people, nothing more nothing less. Get over yourselves.

It's focking ridiculous how people can make this out to be a bad thing. A gimmick, this idiot Anthony Schoettle that says the series is pandering. This guy is absolutely clueless. He wants to talk about sales and marketing and positioning, "If you want people to believe your product has certain qualities, the maker and seller of that product had better act like it actually has those qualities." Running Stewart does precisely that by attempting to pit the best against the best. That is what the "brand" of IndyCar used to be and arguable still is. The best drivers in the world competing in the fastest cars on the most diverse schedule. The series being the truest test of ones skill. Helping to facilitate an offer that was made by a team owner to a former series champion is hardly what you can call pandering!

Alex Zanardi: "Because as I always said to Morris Nunn the best car is not the fastest; it's the one that allows you to put the wheels where you want them."
    Spike in response to flatlander_48 on 04/29/2013: "Note that, by and large, you don't seem to know what you're talking about."
    "This is just amazing coming from you who I considered to be my equal in IndyCar knowledge. No more. Ernest" - 04/01/2014

....as the man said....I’m not sure.

But the first step to being great—in many instances—is to start acting like it.
    Let me get this straight, Roger Penske not IndyCar stands up at a NASCAR banquet and calls out their three time series champion who just happens to be a former IndyCar series champion and invites him to come compete.

Are you in your right mind telling me you want IndyCar and IMS to say no, fock you guys it ain't happening? Cause that is sure as hell what you and anthonyvop are saying.
    Alex Zanardi: "Because as I always said to Morris Nunn the best car is not the fastest; it's the one that allows you to put the wheels where you want them."
    Spike in response to flatlander_48 on 04/29/2013: "Note that, by and large, you don't seem to know what you're talking about."
    "This is just amazing coming from you who I considered to be my equal in IndyCar knowledge. No more. Ernest" - 04/01/2014